When you start planning your wedding in Ipswich, or anywhere else, for that matter, there’s a lot to remember.
Not an everyday event, you’ll probably need a wedding checklist to help make sure everything’s falling into place when it should, and where it should.
Choose the right location and you may also benefit from a wedding coordinator and a list of approved suppliers, helping you to ensure everything’s perfect on your big day.
That’s certainly the case when you choose Isaacs Weddings. As well as being able to relax knowing our wedding coordinators will prompt you when things are needed, you’ll skip a few things on the wedding planning list. For instance, we’ll take care of all the catering for you – including your wedding breakfast and your drinks.
To make life even easier for you, our wedding coordinators have shared their wedding planning checklist, covering off the final few months before you get married:
First things first…
Of course, the first stop along your wedding planning path is to book a venue for your big day. Once you’ve done that, there are a few things you need to tie in to make the date a success:
- Book your registrar immediately to make sure they’re available on the date you’ve chosen.
- Send out save the date notes to ensure the important people in your life can make it on the day.
- Shop for your wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses and wedding suits – fittings can take some time.
- Secure your suppliers – from your photographer and videographer to your florist, cake-maker and evening entertainment.
With around eight months to go…
Not everyone needs a theme for their wedding, but as you start planning, you’ll need to decide how your invites and decoration might look:
- Begin your guest list – think about who you’d like to invite to both the daytime and the evening celebrations.
- Choose or design your wedding invitations and start planning who’ll receive one.
- Start planning the decorations for your big day. And decide if you’ll have a theme.
About four months beforehand…
You’ll have had a few months off the organisation after you’ve sent your invites out, but with about four months to go, things start to get exciting:
- Meet with your catering team to finalise menus and check everything is as you’d like it.
- Send your invitations, together with travel and accommodation information for those coming from afar.
- Schedule in dress fittings – both for the bride, the bridesmaids, the groom and groomsmen.
- Book hotel accommodation for yourself and consider block-booking some rooms for your guests too. Don’t forget, if your wedding is at Isaacs on the Quay, you could book into The Merchant House, with its stunning bridal suite. It sleeps up to 14 guests and is full of character and charm.
- Select and book the transport you’d like to take you to and from your wedding venue.
Three months before your wedding…
- As your date draws nearer, you’ll need to start thinking about the finer details for the day itself:
- Create a seating plan – this is never as easy as it sounds, so make sure you have plenty of time to hand.
- Compile all your acceptances and send off your guests’ food choices to your caterers.
- Order your wedding decorations and favours – these may take a while to arrive so order early.
With just one month to go…
Your big day is nearly upon you, plans are all in place and all that’s left to do is to check you have everything exactly where you want it:
- Pick up your wedding rings and put them somewhere safe – make sure you remember where!
- Finalise wedding playlists with your DJ or band. And don’t forget to discuss your first dance.
- Liaise with all your suppliers to make sure they have everything they need to meet your expectations.
- Meet with your wedding venue to have a last look around and to plan where decorations will be placed.
Once everything’s in place, all that’s left to do is to enjoy your big day. At Isaacs we take the hassle out of your wedding planning, with a team of wedding coordinators and a network of approved suppliers all on hand to help you enjoy every moment of the run up to getting married.
To find out more about weddings at Isaacs on the Quay and to talk to one of our experienced wedding coordinators, please call us on 01473 284000 (option 2), email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us online today.